MR. TANASAI SUCONTPHUNT
AREA OF INTEREST: Computer Graphics and Animation, Game Development, Virtual Reality, and Graphical User Interface.
MAIN RESEARCH: 3D Surface and Texture Synthesis.
MAIN PROGRAMMING SKILLS: Java/Java3D/JOGL, C/C++/OpenGL, C# .NET/DirectX, and Web-based programming: PHP/MySQL, Perl.
CG TOOLS: Maya, MEL script, MatLab, PBRT, XNA, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and LightRoom.
PhD. Computer Science, Jan 2008 - Dec 2012.
CGIT, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Advisor: Dr. Ulrich Neumann.
Thesis: 3D Face Surface and Texture Synthesis from 2D Landmarks of a Single Face Sketch.
M.Sc. Computer Science - Multimedia Creative: Graphic Track, Aug 2001 - May 2003
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
M.Sc. Computer Science, Jun 1998 - Nov 2000
Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Thesis: A Content-Based Clustering MetaSearch Engine.
B.Eng. Industrial Engineering, May 1993 - Mar 1997
Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCELecturer (Jan 2013 - Present)
National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)
- Teaching: CI8802: 3D Computer Graphics (Fall 2013, Spring 2015)
- Founded the Multimedia and Interaction Group (Feb 2014).
Co-Founder and Technical Advisor: Web and Multimedia, (Mar 2006 - Dec 2012)
JellyFish Co., Ltd.
- Analyzed an IP Camera web portal development.
- Developed an ERP System in .NET framework.
- Customized Joomla for E-commerce websites.
- Developed Joomla's extension for a multisite management.
Department of Computer Science, University of Southern California
- CS 580: 3D Graphics and Rendering (Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012)
- CS 576: Multimedia System Design (Spring 2012)
- CS 582: Geometric Modeling (Spring 2009)
Spring, Summer, Fall 2007, Summer 2011
- 3D Face Modeling
- Kinect and SecondLife Project
Senior Software Engineer, 2 years, 1 month (Feb 2004 - Feb 2006)
Reuters Software Thailand Ltd.
Reuters Ltd., Nottingham, UK
- Technical Component Leader: Web-Based Forex Product (RET-AD).
- On site collaboration works between Reuters Software, Thailand and Reuters Software, Nottingham, UK.
- Living Fast Award from SETSMART project, financial news web crawler.
- CMMI level 5 certified software development.
System Engineer, 1 year (Oct 1997 - Oct 1998)
Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Thailand
Internship Engineer, Mar 1996 - Jun 1996
ESSO (Thailand) Public Company Limited
PROFESSIONAL SERVICESPaper Reviewer for Journals: IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications (CG&A), Computer Graphics Forum (CGF), ACM Tran. on Graph. (TOG), ACM Computers in Entertainment (CIE), Int'l Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology (IJIST) .
Paper Reviewer for Conferences: Siggraph, Eurographics (EG), IEEE Virtual Reality (VR), Int'l Conf. on Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA), Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA), Graphics Interface (GI).
- Living Fast Award, Reuters, September 2004.
- Royal Thai Government Scholarship, October 2005.
TOEFL 273/300 (CBT), January 2006.
FOR FUN: Art: Sketch drawing, Directing short film, Surreal photo shooting/editing, Ukulele/Guitar, Gaming: Counter-Strike (Sniper mode), Gears of War, Call of Duty, Tekken, Sport: Golf, Traveling, Hiking, Muay-Thai, Ping-Pong, Rollerblading, and Skiing.